noun (plural uteri /-rʌɪ/ or uteruses)
- The womb (as a bodily organ, especially in medical and technical contexts).More example sentences
- With their informed consent, their uteruses were carefully examined after operation, and the authors found that a number of them had conceived just before surgery.
- About 70 women with benign fibroids had their uteruses removed without first trying drugs or other treatments that could have been effective.
- Some of the desperate women who opted for backstreet abortions often had to have their uteruses surgically removed because of resulting massive infection.
More definitions of uterusDefinition of uterus in:
- The US English dictionary