- An emerald green variety of garnet, containing chromium.More example sentences
- Also begun was the extraction of rare minerals and gemstones along with their accompanying minerals in the Il'men Mountains as well as recovery of uvarovite at Sarany.
- On a dark night during the fall I was examining the uvarovite and I discovered that there was a crack in the calcite on the side of the uvarovite.
- Just as the gemstone alexandrite was named after the Czar Alexander, uvarovite is named after the Russian Count Uvarov of the mid 1800's.
mid 19th century: from the name of Count Sergei S. Uvarov (1785–1855), Russian statesman, + -ite1.
More definitions of uvaroviteDefinition of uvarovite in:
- The US English dictionary