Definition of uxoricide in English:
1The killing of one’s wife.
- Not only did he never commit uxoricide, he never hit his wife.
- The risk of uxoricide increased with greater age difference between partners.
- Although seemingly rare, the rate of incidence of uxoricide in the United States is similar to that of childhood leukemia.
1.1 [count noun] A man who kills his wife.
- The Chief of Scotland Yard remains with doubt whether Arthur is an uxoricide or not.
- He was an uxoricide who had crept up behind his wife one morning and slit her throat.
- Example sentences
- Add to this already zany array of characters, a psychiatrist with his own uxoricidal fantasies, and you have a Broadway comedy.
- How and why the play cultivates such mixed responses toward a tyrannical, regicidal, fratricidal, uxoricidal, incestuous bogey-man will occupy our attention.
- He was a rock star in a glittering, perilous age, an intellectually curious, athletic charmer who became a uxoricidal, paranoid turkey-leg chomper, pursuing a male heir through six wives.
Words that rhyme with uxoricidecountryside • infanticide
Definition of uxoricide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.