(also volkisch /ˈfɒlkɪʃ/)
- (Of a person or ideology) populist or nationalist, and typically racist: völkisch ideas and traditionsMore example sentences
- In the face of the very real dislocations brought on by the triumph of industrial capitalism and national unification, volkisch thinkers preached a return to the land, to the simplicity and wholeness of a life attuned to nature's purity.
- In growing measure German Protestants were receptive to the Nazis' racist and volkisch ideology and to their myth of the German people's rebirth.
- Jewish and Moslem groups protested, pointing out that the demand for a defining German culture inevitably evoked memories of the Nazis and their völkisch ideology.
More definitions of völkischDefinition of völkisch in:
- The US English dictionary