1Lack of thought or intelligence; empty-headedness: he denounced what he considered the frivolity or vacuity of much contemporary painting
More example sentences
- We weren't going to hear praise of our excesses, our shallowness, our engulfing vacuity.
- His reply was non-committal to the point of vacuity.
- The biggest display ads of the season could not disguise the vacuity of the event.
2Empty space; emptiness.
- The opening of the infraorbital canal is sunk into a vacuity that penetrates the rostrum.
- Only the anterior and posterior ends of the anterior interpterygoid vacuity are preserved in the Herschel specimen.
- Neither specimen shows evidence of an incisive foramen or other vacuity in the parts of the palatal process that are preserved.
Words that rhyme with vacuityacuity, ambiguity, annuity, assiduity, congruity, contiguity, continuity, exiguity, fatuity, fortuity, gratuity, ingenuity, perpetuity, perspicuity, promiscuity, suety, superfluity, tenuity
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: vacu|ity
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.