- 1Lack of thought or intelligence; empty-headedness: he denounced what he considered the frivolity or vacuity of much contemporary paintingMore example sentences
- We weren't going to hear praise of our excesses, our shallowness, our engulfing vacuity.
- His reply was non-committal to the point of vacuity.
- The biggest display ads of the season could not disguise the vacuity of the event.
- 2Empty space; emptiness.More example sentences
- The opening of the infraorbital canal is sunk into a vacuity that penetrates the rostrum.
- Only the anterior and posterior ends of the anterior interpterygoid vacuity are preserved in the Herschel specimen.
- Neither specimen shows evidence of an incisive foramen or other vacuity in the parts of the palatal process that are preserved.