- The application of reduced pressure to extract something, particularly to assist childbirth or as a method of abortion, or as a technique for removing components of a chemical mixture.More example sentences
- Assisted vaginal delivery comprised both forceps deliveries and vacuum extraction.
- These early measurements of arterial oxygen saturation were made by vacuum extraction of the blood gases.
- Ten of the vaginal deliveries were by forceps and 19 by vacuum extraction.
More definitions of vacuum extractionDefinition of vacuum extraction in:
- The US English dictionary