Seal (a product) in a pack or wrapping after any air has been removed so that the pack or wrapping is tight and firm: (as adjective vacuum-packed) vacuum-packed cheese
More example sentences
- I breed and sell the animals and I also sell frozen, vacuum-packed meat on the farm.
- She stocked up on great glass jars with screw tops and loaded a supermarket trolley with every long-life, freeze-dried, vacuum-packed item of food she could lay her frenzied hands on.
- They kill a cow in Argentina, vacuum-pack the beef and fly it to Glasgow, where the chefs slice a steak to your specifications.
(vacuum pack) A sealed pack from which the air has been removed.
- Marinate sparingly, as it has the same effect as the vacuum pack above.
- But the pack lasts the supermarket up to eight weeks, so the meat can be up to 60 days old in the vacuum pack before sold as fresh.
- If buying fresh fish for use longer than two days away, use a vacuum pack or place in freezer bags and freeze.
Definition of vacuum-pack in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.