- 1A lawyer or solicitor.More example sentences
- The guilty was sentenced to transportation for life, despite the best efforts of his vakils.
- The judge must have laughed, and the vakils no doubt enjoyed the spectacle.
- The High Court of Judicature shall have the power to approve, admit and enroll advocates, vakils and attorneys-at-law.
- 2An agent or representative.More example sentences
- Vakils in the Mughal period were actually mediators.
- All European Companies used to engage Armenian vakils to represent them and their cause.
- Nevertheless, the visiting vakils from Iran seems to have taught them certain practices.
from Persian and Urdu wakīl, Turkish vakīl, from Arabic wakīl.