noun (plural pronunc. same)
- French term for waltz (especially as used in the titles of pieces of music).More example sentences
- Only the Étude en forme de valse, promoted by Cortot, still attracts those pianists keen to show off their left-hand technique.
- The Grande valse brillante ends the disc as a crowd-pleasing encore.
- Here's a conductor who, instead of recording another Beethoven Fifth or Ravel La valse, prefers to bring neglected music back into the spotlight.
late 18th century: via French from German Walzer.
More definitions of valseDefinition of valse in:
- The US English dictionary