Action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property: an act of mindless vandalism surveillance of the building would reduce vandalism and theft
More example sentences
- He called on the public to report any instances of criminal damage or vandalism.
- Reports of criminal damage and persistent vandalism were also relayed to councillors.
- This is just mindless damage and vandalism, which will hit us hard in the pocket.
- More example sentences
- So far, the general opinion seems to be that a small group of people were involved in a vandalistic prank, rather than a conspiracy to extort or steal money.
- Police investigating a weekend vandalistic attack on an unoccupied advance factory have described the incident as one of the most outrageous and disgusting they have ever encountered.
- Full marks to Waterford County Council for acting with such haste in having the place boarded up to prevent further vandalistic assaults on the building.
Definition of vandalism in:
- The US English dictionary