(also vanga shrike)
- A shrike-like songbird found in Madagascar.
More example sentences
- Family Vangidae: several genera and species
- This species, like all vangas is endemic to Madagascar, where it is found only in the northeast.
- Traditionally, vangas were considered to be an endemic family to Madagascar, with just 14 species.
- We'll see endemic birds like vangas of many types, couas, asitys, weavers, jerys, sunbirds, and Blue Pigeons.
mid 19th century: modern Latin (genus name), from Latin, literally 'mattock' (because of the shape of the bill).