- The practice of assigning smaller sizes to articles of manufactured clothing than is really the case, in order to encourage sales.More example sentences
- Any woman who has braved a changing-room recently will have noticed that more retailers are adopting a ' vanity sizing ' policy.
- Over the years, vanity sizing has ensured that standardised clothing measurements have become less reliable.
- The scam known as "vanity sizing" flatters customers into thinking they are slimmer than they really are.
More definitions of vanity sizingDefinition of vanity sizing in:
- The US English dictionary