- A semiconductor diode with a capacitance dependent on the applied voltage.More example sentences
- The most significant use of varactors to date has been as the basic component in parametric amplifiers.
- They key to understanding how a varactor or varicap diode works is to look at what a capacitor is and what can change the capacitance.
- This nonlinearity allows the varactor to be used also as a harmonic generator.
1950s: from elements of variable reactor.
More definitions of varactorDefinition of varactor in:
- The US English dictionary