adjectiveZoology & Medicine
- Relating to or involving a varix.More example sentences
- The diagnosis of cirrhosis was established by biopsy or by signs of portal hypertension such as gastroesophageal varices, previous variceal bleeding, or ascites.
- Patients with cirrhosis were screened by endoscopy for esophageal varices, and those with more than minimal variceal lesions were asked to enroll in the study.
- Recently, the American College of Gastroenterology recommended endoscopic screening to detect varices in patients with cirrhosis and no previous variceal hemorrhage.
1960s: from Latin varix, varic-, on the pattern of words such as corneal and laryngeal.
More definitions of varicealDefinition of variceal in:
- The US English dictionary