- A mass of varicose veins in the spermatic cord.More example sentences
- Scrotal ultrasonography is helpful in confirming a varicocele or testicular tumour.
- A varicocele causes swelling due to swollen veins within the scrotum.
- Other benign conditions resulting in a scrotal mass, such as testicular torsion, spermatocele, varicocele, or tuberculosis, must be ruled out.
mid 18th century: from Latin varix, varic- 'dilated vein' + -cele.
More definitions of varicoceleDefinition of varicocele in:
- The US English dictionary