- Resembling smallpox.More example sentences
- There was nothing to mark these cases decisively as varioloid.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- A mild form of smallpox affecting people who have already had the disease or have been vaccinated against it.More example sentences
- In case of smallpox or varioloid take the remedy in water one teaspoonful every two or three hours till recovery.
- In early 1863, several cases of varioloid broke out among the camp.
- In the autumn of 1863, Lincoln's physician told him that he was suffering from varioloid, a mild form of smallpox.
More definitions of varioloidDefinition of varioloid in:
- The US English dictionary