Definition of vas in English:
noun (plural vasa /ˈveɪsə/)Anatomy
A vessel or duct.
- The medulla, supplied by vasa recta, receives less blood than the kidney cortex.
- Microangiopathy of the vasa nervorum (ie, small arteries located in the outer and middle coats of the larger arteries and veins) develop and impair normal blood flow.
- However, aortic dissection associated with vasculitis of the vasa vasorum in SLE is extraordinarily rare.
late 16th century: from Latin, literally 'vessel'.
- Example sentences
- Since caffeine is usually a vasal constrictor, as the caffeine that the body is so used to wears out of the system, it narrows the blood vessels.
- A post-ejaculatory urinalysis should be performed if ejaculate volume is less than 1 mL, except in patients with bilateral vasal agenesis or possible hypogonadism.
- CF in men is accompanied by bilateral vasal aplasia.
Definition of vas in:
- US English dictionary