noun (plural vasa deferentia /ˌdɛfəˈrɛnʃɪə/)Anatomy
- The duct which conveys sperm from the testicle to the urethra.More example sentences
- During sexual activity, the sperm travels from the epididymis to the vas deferens with other glandular secretions.
- These ducts carry the secretions produced by the seminal vesicle and the vas deferens.
- Both fallopian tubes and vas deferens have the ability to rejoin after separation although this is an extremely rare occurrence.
late 16th century: from vas + Latin deferens 'carrying away', present participle of deferre.
More definitions of vas deferensDefinition of vas deferens in:
- The US English dictionary