Definition of vasculitis in English:
noun (plural vasculitides /-ˈlʌɪtɪdiːz/)[mass noun] Medicine
Inflammation of a blood vessel or blood vessels: [mass noun]: there is no evidence of vasculitis [count noun]: symptoms suggestive of a systemic vasculitis
More example sentences
- Leigh died from a condition called vasculitis, an inflammation of the blood vessels.
- Amphetamines and MDA also will produce vasculitis when used chronically.
- Other side effects include hepatitis, vasculitis, and thrombocytopenia.
- Example sentences
- As in this case, asthma may appear to be relatively quiescent as the full-blown vasculitic disorder becomes clinically manifest.
- Immediate therapy can be dramatic in effect and prevent further vasculitic complications, permanent blindness, or death.
- This genetic disorder predisposes to chronic obstructive airway disease, chronic liver disease, and rarely to skin and vasculitic disorders.
Definition of vasculitis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia