Definition of vase in English:
A decorative container without handles, typically made of glass or china and used as an ornament or for displaying cut flowers.
- These flowers in a glass vase can enhance the aesthetic appeal of one's living space.
- Large bowls and flower vases serve to spruce up the interiors with a bit of natural greenery and bright coloured blooms.
- The court was a homely little room, with flowers in vases and pot plants on desks rather than scales of justice and clanging doors.
vaseful noun (plural vasefuls)
- Example sentences
- The last two days have been overcast and rainy, but on my kitchen table sits a vaseful of silk sunflowers.
- I have vasefuls of flowers ornamenting every room and making me look like the best little Martha Stewart ever.
- This is a workhorse of a rose, flowering early in the summer, and producing masses of blooms that keep my house supplied with vasefuls of flowers throughout the summer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia