noun (plural vasectomies)
- The surgical cutting and sealing of part of each vas deferens, typically as a means of sterilization: he couldn’t have made Caroline pregnant, because he’d had a vasectomy [mass noun]: vasectomy has no effect on the secretion of the male sex hormoneMore example sentences
- Surgical techniques used for vasectomy vary widely throughout the world.
- After a vasectomy, there will be numbness caused by the local anaesthetic.
- A vasectomy does not affect sex drive or ejaculation in any way.
vasectomize (also vasectomise)
- More example sentences
- I have rather painful periods myself, and am thinking about trying it… even though Mike is vasectomized and I really don't need birth control anymore.
- Some decades ago, experimenters vasectomised redwinged blackbirds in the hope of controlling their numbers.
- Vasectomized men were no more likely to have prostate cancer than those who had not had a vasectomy.
More definitions of vasectomyDefinition of vasectomy in:
- The US English dictionary