- A drug or other agent which causes the constriction of blood vessels.More example sentences
- Patients with hypotension should be treated more aggressively, with fluids, inotropic agents or vasopressors as indicated to maintain perfusion and prevent extension of the infarct.
- He was admitted to the intensive care unit in septic shock and was treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics and vasopressors.
- Central venous catheters are used for haemodynamic monitoring, giving vasopressors and cytotoxic drugs, sampling blood, and giving fluids and parenteral nutrition.
More definitions of vasopressorDefinition of vasopressor in:
- The US English dictionary