noun (plural same)
- The basic monetary unit of Vanuatu, equal to 100 centimes.More example sentences
- The name of the national currency, the vatu derives from central northern languages, as does the name ‘Vanuatu.’
- With its only significant exports being agricultural - copra, cocoa, beef and timber - Vanuatu has a chronic balance of trade deficit in excess of 6 billion vatu annually.
- Carry the currency (vatu) in small denominations when visiting the outer islands.
More definitions of vatuDefinition of vatu in:
- The US English dictionary