nounNorth American • informal
- A vice president: since becoming veep he’s mostly been Mr Nice GuyMore example sentences
- But - 41% of modern veeps have eventually become president and another 25% have been their party's candidate for president.
- The 25th Amendment affords Clinton another route to the vice presidency: In the event the vice presidency is vacated, the president appoints a new veep, subject to confirmation by Congress.
- Predicting who the veep will be for each party is, of course, a favorite parlor game - and this year, a particularly long one.
1940s: from the initials VP.
More definitions of veepDefinition of veep in:
- The US English dictionary