A person who does not eat or use animal products: [as modifier]: a vegan diet
More example sentences
- Unlike ovo-lacto vegetarians, vegans have eliminated all animal products from their diets.
- Since cholesterol is found only in animal products such as meat, dairy products and eggs, vegans consume a cholesterol-free diet.
- Mothers who use soya-based formulas are in most cases strict vegetarians or vegans avoiding baby foods made with cow's milk.
- Example sentences
- Strict veganism is potentially hazardous for young children, and vegan children tend to be smaller.
- Chappell recommends veganism for everyone from athletes to businessmen and attributes his own good health to his vegan diet.
- I did consider veganism at one point, but thought it too extreme to fit into a modern lifestyle.
Words that rhyme with veganAntiguan, Egan, freegan, Keegan, Regan
Definition of vegan in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.