Definition of vegan in English:
A person who does not eat or use animal products: [as modifier]: a vegan diet
More example sentences
- Unlike ovo-lacto vegetarians, vegans have eliminated all animal products from their diets.
- Since cholesterol is found only in animal products such as meat, dairy products and eggs, vegans consume a cholesterol-free diet.
- Mothers who use soya-based formulas are in most cases strict vegetarians or vegans avoiding baby foods made with cow's milk.
- Example sentences
- Strict veganism is potentially hazardous for young children, and vegan children tend to be smaller.
- Chappell recommends veganism for everyone from athletes to businessmen and attributes his own good health to his vegan diet.
- I did consider veganism at one point, but thought it too extreme to fit into a modern lifestyle.
Definition of vegan in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan