- An oil derived from plants, e.g. rapeseed oil, olive oil, sunflower oil: the French fries are cooked in a mixture of beef and vegetable oil [count noun]: use natural cold-pressed vegetable oils rather than processed oilsMore example sentences
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Use olive oil instead of vegetable oil in salad dressings and marinades.
- One of the best is to ensure that your intake of monounsaturated fats is high by regularly eating oily fish, peanuts, almonds and walnuts, as well as using olive oil or other vegetable oils.
More definitions of vegetable oilDefinition of vegetable oil in:
- The US English dictionary