- 1Plants considered collectively, especially those found in a particular area or habitat: the chalk cliffs are mainly sheer with little vegetationMore example sentences
- Clear all grass or other vegetation from the area that you have selected.
- Aspergillus fumigatus is a common fungus that grows on soil, plant debris and rotting vegetation in the autumn and winter.
- The field was plowed just before planting, but natural vegetation was allowed to regrow during the experiment.
- 2The action or process of vegetating.More example sentences
- Two irrigation regimes were compared and plants were sampled at four stages of vegetation.
- More example sentences
- By employing pollen analysis, scientists have been able to reconstruct past vegetational communities and analyse how those vegetation patterns have changed over time.
- Pollen from deposits also produces sequences of climatic and vegetational change, but these tend to be fairly localized.
- Indirect evidence suggests that changes in prairie vole grazing patterns and reproductive physiology may be in part responsible for vegetational changes.