1Plants considered collectively, especially those found in a particular area or habitat: the chalk cliffs are mainly sheer with little vegetation
More example sentences
- Clear all grass or other vegetation from the area that you have selected.
- Aspergillus fumigatus is a common fungus that grows on soil, plant debris and rotting vegetation in the autumn and winter.
- The field was plowed just before planting, but natural vegetation was allowed to regrow during the experiment.
plants, plant life, flora;
rare herbage, verdure
- Example sentences
- By employing pollen analysis, scientists have been able to reconstruct past vegetational communities and analyse how those vegetation patterns have changed over time.
- Pollen from deposits also produces sequences of climatic and vegetational change, but these tend to be fairly localized.
- Indirect evidence suggests that changes in prairie vole grazing patterns and reproductive physiology may be in part responsible for vegetational changes.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: vege|ta¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.