nounBotany & Microbiology
- A cell of a bacterium or unicellular alga that is actively growing rather than forming spores.More example sentences
- These bacteria exist either as spores or as vegetative cells.
- The pollen grain (male gametophyte) is a three-celled structure composed of two generative cells encased within the vegetative cell.
- During meiosis cells exit the vegetative cell cycle and enter a linear divisional and differentiation pathway.
More definitions of vegetative cellDefinition of vegetative cell in:
- The US English dictionary