(also US • trademark vege-burger)
nounBritish • trademark
- A savoury cake resembling a hamburger but made with vegetable protein, soya, etc., instead of meat.More example sentences
- If I bring a veggie burger to eat instead of the steak they're serving, they ridicule me.
- Many low-carb dieters avoid foods such as tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers and other meat alter natives because they contain a few grams of carbohydrates.
- Replacing a beef burger with a veggie burger can increase your sodium intake fivefold.
More definitions of veggie burgerDefinition of veggie burger in:
- The US English dictionary