- An instrument for measuring velocity.More example sentences
- In-plane vibrometers measure movements perpendicular to the beam axis, similar to the laser surface velocimeter.
- More example sentences
- Laser Doppler velocimetry has been successfully applied to the measurement of speeds of everything from blood corpuscles to rolled steel.
- In the type of ultrasound examination called Doppler velocimetry, a hand-held transducer uses sound waves to measure patterns of fetal blood flow.
- In countries outside the United States, Doppler flow velocimetry is used to monitor uteroplacental blood flow.
mid 19th century: from Latin velox, veloc- 'swift' + -meter.
More definitions of velocimeterDefinition of velocimeter in:
- The US English dictionary