Definition of velodrome in English:
1A cycle-racing track, typically with steeply banked curves.
- The track there is the busiest velodrome in the world and McGlynn sees no reason why a facility in Scotland wouldn't be just as popular.
- Now, you're on the road rather than the velodrome, but is this still a bonus for Australian cycling?
- White City Stadium, built for the London Games, included a velodrome, seating for over 68,000 spectators, and an unusually long 100-meter pool!
1.1A stadium containing a banked cycle-racing track.
- At the velodrome there was a collective groan as Rob Hayles collided with a Dutch rider and clattered down the steep incline in an action replay of an incident which had ended his Olympic dream in Sydney.
- We also organized a trip to a velodrome in London so that we could try something new.
- Every ticket for the six days of competition in the Olympic velodrome has been bought, bucking the trend of sluggish sales.
Words that rhyme with velodromemonochrome
Definition of velodrome in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.