- 1A cycle-racing track, typically with steeply banked curves.More example sentences
- The track there is the busiest velodrome in the world and McGlynn sees no reason why a facility in Scotland wouldn't be just as popular.
- Now, you're on the road rather than the velodrome, but is this still a bonus for Australian cycling?
- White City Stadium, built for the London Games, included a velodrome, seating for over 68,000 spectators, and an unusually long 100-meter pool!
- 1.1A stadium containing a banked cycle-racing track.More example sentences
- At the velodrome there was a collective groan as Rob Hayles collided with a Dutch rider and clattered down the steep incline in an action replay of an incident which had ended his Olympic dream in Sydney.
- We also organized a trip to a velodrome in London so that we could try something new.
- Every ticket for the six days of competition in the Olympic velodrome has been bought, bucking the trend of sluggish sales.
late 19th century: from French vélodrome, from vélo 'bicycle' + -drome (see -drome).
More definitions of velodromeDefinition of velodrome in:
- The US English dictionary