(US also vender)
Definition of vendor in English:
1A person or company offering something for sale, especially a trader in the street: an Italian ice-cream vendor
More example sentences
- They found a street vendor selling ice cream; this time Rose wouldn't take no for an answer.
- She glanced around quickly, and her eyes caught a street vender who was selling ice cream.
- These are sold at market or by street vendors, but people typically grow enough for their own consumption.
seller, salesperson, salesman, saleswoman, dealer, trader, tradesman, retailer, shopkeeper, shopman, shop girl, shop boy, sales assistant, assistant, wholesaler, merchant, trafficker, purveyor, supplier, stockist, marketer, marketeer, sales representative, door-to-door salesman, travelling salesman, commercial traveller;
tout, barrow boy;
broker, agent, representative, negotiator;
dated chandler, pedlar, hawker
1.1ˈvɛndɔː Law The seller in a sale, especially of property.
- First, he must be sure that the vendor of the property is really entitled to sell it.
- Contracts between the vendor and the claimant were exchanged on 12 th June 1995.
- In the agreement the vendor warranted that the pool machinery was properly constructed and free of structural deficits.
Words that rhyme with vendorchador • humidor • lobster thermidor • cuspidor • corridor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.