nounUS & West Indian
- A public auction.More example sentences
- The nine-day sale reached gross receipts of $89,622,495, up 13.5% from last year, and the second-highest aggregate in the history of the vendue.
- The Hong Kong international sale is conducted by Keeneland's experienced crew, but with a theatrical flair not seen at the Lexington vendue.
- Next day I was put up by the vendue master to know how much I was worth, and I was valued at one hundred pounds currency.
late 17th century: via Dutch from French dialect vendue 'sale', from vendre 'sell'.
More definitions of vendueDefinition of vendue in:
- The US English dictionary