- A disease typically contracted by sexual intercourse with a person already infected; a sexually transmitted disease: gonorrhoea is the commonest venereal disease [mass noun]: prostitutes were detained if found to have venereal diseaseMore example sentences
- The biggest health problems are tuberculosis, venereal diseases, malaria, trachoma, typhoid fever, and dysentery.
- And nearly 50 percent are infected with venereal diseases like syphilis that greatly increase their chances of contracting HIV.
- He claimed he had suffered from a serious infection resulting from a venereal disease he contracted from the rapes.
More definitions of venereal diseaseDefinition of venereal disease in:
- The US English dictionary