- Meat from a deer: [as modifier]: venison steaksMore example sentences
- Tuck into steak, roast beef, venison and other red meat at least three times a week
- Season and sear the venison rack and venison loin on all sides until golden brown.
- To prevent the spread of the disease, the European Union has banned exports of venison and other red meats.
Middle English: from Old French veneso(u)n, from Latin venatio(n-) 'hunting', from venari 'to hunt'.
More definitions of venisonDefinition of venison in:
- The US English dictionary