Willing to take risks or embark on difficult or unusual courses of action: five venturous young men
More example sentences
- Like all venturous and enterprising people, we are largely endowed with the passion of curiosity.
- These are the riches fit for a venturous knight.
- Small harm is it for any warrior to prove his spear, without malice, on a venturous knight.
mid 16th century: shortened from adventurous.
- More example sentences
- Confidence makes a man venturous, and venturousness casts him into the high road of danger.
- Washington's venturousness and his success—above all his success—shut down those questions about his capabilities that had been whispered behind his back.
- My natural disposition was evinced in deeds of daring and venturousness; not so much in boldness toward others.