- 1Conformity to facts; accuracy: officials expressed doubts concerning the veracity of the storyMore example sentences
truthfulness, truth, accuracy, accurateness, correctness, exactness, precision, preciseness, realism, authenticity, faithfulness, fidelity; reputability, honesty, sincerity, trustworthiness, reliability, dependability, scrupulousness, ethics, morality, righteousness, virtuousness, decency, goodness, probity
- It is the duty of the referring clinician to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and veracity of the information provided.
- While commentators see the company continuing to dance around the facts they will continue to doubt the veracity of its message.
- We know that factual accuracy and veracity are trickier than they seem.
- 1.1Habitual truthfulness: voters should be concerned about his veracity and characterMore example sentences
- It is a method for those who vote to assess the veracity and character of those who appear in the House.
- I suggest that the minister test my veracity on this to see whether I am telling the truth.
- The ending is powerful, with the message that history is what you make of it, depending upon the veracity of those who wrote it.
early 17th century: from French véracité or medieval Latin veracitas, from verax 'speaking truly' (see veracious).