noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound which acts as a calcium antagonist and is used to treat angina pectoris and cardiac arrhythmias.More example sentences
- The patient was treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics, verapamil and digoxin, and oxygen, and anticoagulation was adjusted.
- If the fibrillation continues, the response of the ventricle can be slowed by beta blockers, verapamil or digitalis.
- Her 54-year-old husband had hypertension treated with sustained-release verapamil.
More definitions of verapamilDefinition of verapamil in:
- The US English dictionary