- A noun formed as an inflection of a verb and partly sharing its constructions, such as smoking in smoking is forbidden. See -ing1.More example sentences
- To avoid exceedance one has to write a rather awkward construction involving the verbal noun exceeding.
- Since ousia is a verbal noun formed from the participle on, this is not a perspicuous statement.
- The tendency then to mark new findings through invention of verbal nouns is recurrent and may elicit the criticism of jargon-infested prose.
More definitions of verbal nounDefinition of verbal noun in:
- The US English dictionary