- A bright bluish-green encrustation or patina formed on copper or brass by atmospheric oxidation, consisting of basic copper carbonate.More example sentences
- Finishes range from antique brass and antique copper to bright brass, black and verdigris.
- True verdigris is actually a coating of cupric carbonate formed by weathering on copper, brass and bronze from age.
- Over the next few seasons the high sheen would fade, gradually achieving that beautiful, soft verdigris of aged copper.
Middle English: from Old French verte-gres, earlier vert de Grece 'green of Greece'.
More definitions of verdigrisDefinition of verdigris in:
- The US English dictionary