Definition of verditer in English:
A light blue or bluish-green pigment, typically prepared by adding chalk or whiting to a solution of copper nitrate, used in making crayons and as a watercolour.
- In the 19th century, green verditer was used for both distemper and oil based interior house paints.
- The cheaper alternative of blue verditer was used in the larger and less intense blue areas like the sky.
- The synthetic pigment, called green verditer, tends to have regularly sized particles with rounded edges.
adjectiveBack to top
Of a light blue or bluish-green colour.
- The tail-feathers are dark olive mixed with verditer green on the upper surface and changing to dull olive-brown.
- The saddest thing in Kew Palace is neither the verditer green wallpaper with the black flock border, nor the specially woven carpets.
Early 16th century: from Old French verd de terre, literally 'earth green'.
Definition of verditer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan