- A light blue or bluish-green pigment, typically prepared by adding chalk or whiting to a solution of copper nitrate, used in making crayons and as a watercolour.More example sentences
- In the 19th century, green verditer was used for both distemper and oil based interior house paints.
- The cheaper alternative of blue verditer was used in the larger and less intense blue areas like the sky.
- The synthetic pigment, called green verditer, tends to have regularly sized particles with rounded edges.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of a light blue or bluish-green colour.More example sentences
- The tail-feathers are dark olive mixed with verditer green on the upper surface and changing to dull olive-brown.
- The saddest thing in Kew Palace is neither the verditer green wallpaper with the black flock border, nor the specially woven carpets.
early 16th century: from Old French verd de terre, literally 'earth green'.
More definitions of verditerDefinition of verditer in:
- The US English dictionary