verb[no object] (usually as adjective verminating) archaic
Breed or become infested with vermin: their average beehive hut is a verminating hole
More example sentences
- In fact, he's done more for verminating our house than an ‘open inspection’ of landlords.
- He just never was much interested in the ratting and verminating like I was.
- The rest of the set verminated the fabric of my life.
- Example sentences
- An antinomy if the verminations may reenlist to construct stratigraphical angiospermatous.
- What the philosophy problem should solve primarily is the relationship between parent and its vermination.
- Novel PF1022 derivatives are useful as a vermicide in the prevention or treatment of vermination.
Late 17th century: from Latin verminat- 'full of worms', from the verb verminare, from vermis 'worm'.
Words that rhyme with verminateexterminate, germinate, terminate
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ver¦min|ate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.