noun (plural pronunc. same)
- A private view of paintings before public exhibition.More example sentences
- This area can be reserved for vernissages or other private events.
- As the beer was chilling for the vernissage of the dual exhibition Fra Delinquenti, the Mirror sat the duo down for a compare-as-you-dare chat.
- Angel also sold paintings in California, and had a vernissage at Chroma Gallery in Savanna, Georgia, which he calls his favourite city.
French, literally 'varnishing', originally referring to the day prior to an exhibition when artists were allowed to retouch and varnish hung work.
More definitions of vernissageDefinition of vernissage in:
- The US English dictionary