- 1A herbaceous plant of north temperate regions, typically with upright stems bearing narrow pointed leaves and spikes of blue or purple flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Veronica, family Scrophulariaceae: many species, including the speedwells
- The 7-inch, dark blue spikes of this veronica bob atop a plant that grows low enough that you can actually place it at the front of the border.
- On the inside of the curve, I wove in irregular lines of flowers like Verbena ‘Purple Homestead,’ aster and veronica.
- Meanwhile, established perennials like phlox, veronica, and yarrow are beginning to bloom.
- 2A cloth supposedly impressed with an image of Christ’s face.More example sentences
- The veronica represents Christ's face and, by synecdoche, his entire body.
More definitions of veronicaDefinition of veronica in:
- The US English dictionary