- Professional armies were expected to be versatile enough to adapt as needed to the enemies they faced.
- The plant's flexibility in product selection makes it versatile enough for many different types of contractors.
- Despite large scale poaching, the versatile cat adapts well to a changing environment, as can be seen in its growing population.
- Example sentences
- Ferguson has demanded this versatilely from his players before.
- Agiecut Progress 2 is the most versatilely employable machine tool for our application requirement.
- It also provides three-tier analysis structure to versatilely anatomize flow, packets and payload.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'inconstant, fluctuating'): from French, or from Latin versatilis, from versat- 'turned about, revolved', from the verb versare, frequentative of vertere 'to turn'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.