- Professional armies were expected to be versatile enough to adapt as needed to the enemies they faced.
- The plant's flexibility in product selection makes it versatile enough for many different types of contractors.
- Despite large scale poaching, the versatile cat adapts well to a changing environment, as can be seen in its growing population.
- Example sentences
- Ferguson has demanded this versatilely from his players before.
- Agiecut Progress 2 is the most versatilely employable machine tool for our application requirement.
- It also provides three-tier analysis structure to versatilely anatomize flow, packets and payload.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'inconstant, fluctuating'): from French, or from Latin versatilis, from versat- 'turned about, revolved', from the verb versare, frequentative of vertere 'to turn'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ver¦sa|tile
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.