- Experienced or skilled in; knowledgeable about: a solicitor well versed in employment lawMore example sentences
acquainted with, conversant with, familiar with, informed about, knowledgeable about, well informed about, instructed in, skilled in, proficient in; at home with, no stranger to, au fait with, au courant with, apprised of, abreast of, up to date with, in touch with• informal well up on, in the know about, genned up on, clued in on, clued up on, plugged intoBritish • informal switched on to
- He has portrayed himself as a very experienced, knowledgeable and versed man and a program like that should be live.
- Can someone more versed in Protestant and Fundamentalist theology than I am help me out here?
- I would have liked to see a work force made up of people who are not only versed academically, but in vocational fields as well.
early 17th century: from French versé or Latin versatus, past participle of versari 'be engaged in'.
More definitions of versedDefinition of versed in:
- The US English dictionary