- Green, as a heraldic tincture: [postpositive]: three piles vertMore example sentences
- The soup uses haricots vert, or tiny French green beans (substitute regular-size green beans if you like).
- Add haricots vert and mix well and allow to cool.
- These are snap beans right here; we plant about an acre each week and there are eleven varieties, one of which is a baby haricot vert.
late Middle English (as an adjective): via Old French from Latin viridis 'green'.
- A vertical or very steeply sloping part of a ramp, used by skateboarders, snowboarders, skiers, etc. to perform jumps and other manoeuvres.More example sentences
- I voiced this out to Jack as he surveyed the view that lay in front of him, the big concrete depressions and verts, all the while listening to me.
- Would you rather jump out of a helicopter into a vert ramp or film your video part wearing Corey Duffel's pants?
- An afternoon on a vert ramp will do that to you, especially if you don't let up.
1970s: abbreviation of vertical.