adjective[attributive] North American
- 1(Especially of a reference book) small enough to fit into a pocket: a series of popular vest-pocket dictionariesMore example sentences
- Elliott appreciated Warhol's nonchalance before the camera, and in some respects his own documentary project mirrored Warhol's deployment of the ubiquitous vest-pocket still camera.
- The vest-pocket projector could soon become reality.
- 1.1Very small in size or scale: a vest-pocket parkMore example sentences
- While elegantly planned, it remains an under-used vest-pocket park dependent on corporate largesse, a privately owned piece of public space which was never meant to belong to a larger community.
- Garbin created this vest-pocket course for a husband and wife (who wish to remain anonymous) as a place where their grandchildren could learn the game.
- In preparatory notes concerning this exhibition, ‘Standing Pictures Manhattan,’ Nordman recasts this vest-pocket gallery as an installation, ‘a place of encounter in concert with a work that may have no tangent other than the sun.’
More definitions of vest-pocketDefinition of vest-pocket in:
- The US English dictionary