- Relating to the diseases, injuries, and treatment of farm and domestic animals: a veterinary nurseMore example sentences
- And in these advantages our domestic animals have had due share by the improvement of veterinary medicine.
- Many years ago my love for animals steered me toward a career in veterinary medicine.
- The Forum discussed the possibility of organising veterinary inspections at the farm prior to departure.
noun (plural veterinaries)• dated Back to top
- A veterinary surgeon.More example sentences
- In this year's no 22 of the Swedish magazine Ridsport, two Norwegian veterinaries reported on a test they had performed themselves.
late 18th century: from Latin veterinarius, from veterinae 'cattle'.
More definitions of veterinaryDefinition of veterinary in:
- The US English dictionary