- A philosophical approach to theology which asserts that no finite concepts or attributes can be adequately used of God, but only negative terms.More example sentences
- Because I risk ‘owning’ this affirmative relationalism coupled with the via negativa of her theological honesty, let me note some remaining questions.
- That said, the Anglican emphasis on the quest for holiness and on union with God bred not merely a concern for right practice but also a certain conceptual skepticism and attraction to the via negativa.
- This can also lead to a certain fascination with a via negativa, a path of negation that approaches the impossible as religious experience.
Latin, literally 'negative path'.
More definitions of via negativaDefinition of via negativa in:
- The US English dictionary